Tuesday, November 17, 2009

RESCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT

RESCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT
USEFUL EXPRESSIONS
DO's and DON'TsIf you must reschedule or cancel an appointment,be sure to do so as soon as you know of the change in your schedule.

PRACTICE SAYING THE FOLLOWING EXPRESSIONS Asking to reschedule an appointmentCan we postpone our appointment?Let's see if we can find another day when we could get together.Could we postpone till Thursday?Could we move it up? (i.e. move it to an earlier time)Could we move it up slightly?Could we move it up one hour?Could we move it up to 12 o'clock?
Could we push back the meeting to six?Let's push it back half an hour. Could we push it back slightly?Could we move up the meeting a few days?Could you take me at one? Could you write me in? Can I reschedule for Monday afternoon?


Explaining circumstances
I have a conflict in my schedule. I'm running ahead of schedule. I'm running behind schedule. Something's come up.

My schedule has changed.I've had a change in my schedule.I'm going to be in the neighborhood.Tuesday is a bad day for me. Do you havean opening on Wednesday?I completely forgot. I have a class that night. I'll have to work on the third.I have to fill in at work. Postponing a meeting Do you mind if we put it off to another date? The meeting is postponed till (until) further notice.The new meeting date is to be determined (TBD). The new meeting date is to be announced (TBA).






LANGUAGE PRACTICE

I. ASKING TO RESCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT

Example: (You are running behind schedule. Ask if you can reschedule your appointment.)
YOU:I'm running behind schedule. Could we reschedule our appointment?
CALLER:I'm running behind schedule. Could we reschedule our appointment?
YOU:I'm running behind schedule. Could we reschedule our appointment?


PRACTICE RESCHEDULING A DOCTOR'SAPPOINTMENT
Receptionist:Good morning, doctor's office. Patient:Good morning. My name is Nancy Lonk.I have an appointment with Dr. Whitefor a check-up on Thursday, the 13th. But my schedule has changed, and I'll have to work that day. I'd like to move my appointment to another day. Receptionist:When would you like to come in? Patient: Do you have anything next week? Receptionist: We have Tuesday at 2 or Friday at 11 o'clock available.Patient: Tuesday would be fine. Receptionist: Okay, I have you down for 2 o'clock on Tuesday, the 18th.See you then.Patient: Thank you very much. Good-bye.

PRACTICE RESCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT
Receptionist:Good morning. Doctor's office. Patient:Good morning. This is Natasha Cooper. I have an appointment for Thursday at 2 o'clock. Unfortunately, there is a conflict in my schedule. Can I reschedule for Monday afternoon or any time Tuesday?Receptionist:We have nothing in the afternoon on Monday. But on Tuesday between eleven and two we take walk-ins. But you might have to wait.Patient:Actually, I'd rather not wait. If someone cancels for Monday afternoon, could you give me a call? If not, I'll simply come in on Tuesday. Receptionist:Could you check back with us later on today?Patient:Thank you, I will.

PRACTICE RESCHEDULING A DATE WITH A FRIEND
Hi, Harry! This is Linda. I'm terribly sorry. I completely forgot. I have a class tomorrow night. Do you mind if we put off the dinner to another day? I'm going to be in the neighborhood on Wednesday. Maybe we could get together then? Please let me know if it's okay with you.

3 comments:

  1. Great thoughts you got there, believe I may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life.




    Patient Appointment Scheduling

    ReplyDelete
  2. i what to reschedule my my appointment to for 4pm any other day for 4pm any day this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have long felt a special connection with herbal medicine. First, it's natural, Charlie attended the same small college in Southern California - Claremont Men's College - although he dropped out of school to enroll in the Julliard School of Performing Arts in New York. York. Had he been to Claremont, he would have been senior the year I started there; I often thought that was the reason he was gone when he discovered that I had herpes. So, my life was lonely, all day, I could not stand the pain of the outbreak, and then Tasha introduced me to Dr. Itua who uses her herbal medicines to cure her two weeks of consumption. I place an order for him and he hands it to my post office, then I pick it up and use it for two weeks. All my wound is completely healed no more epidemic. I tell you honestly that this man is a great man, I trust him Herbal medicine so much that I share this to show my gratitude and also to let sick people know that there is hope with Dr. Itua. Herbal Center.Dr Itua Contact Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/Whatsapp ... +2348149277967
    He cures.
    Herpes,
    Prostate
    Breast Cancer
    Brain Cancer
    CEREBRAL VASCULAR ACCIDENT.
    ,Endomertil Cancer, cerebrovascular diseases
    Hepatitis,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Tach Disease,Shingles,
    Lung Cancer, Leukemia Lymphoma Cancer,
    Lung Mesothelioma Asbestos,
    Ovarian Cervical Uterine Cancer,
    Skin Cancer, Brain Tumor,
    H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE 5.
    HIV,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Cervical Cancer
    Colo-rectal Cancer
    Blood Cancer
    SYPHILIS.
    Diabetes
    Liver / Inflammatory kidney
    Epilepsy

    ReplyDelete